4.23.2009

Laundry lament

Laundry.

It is always around. Only the girth of the laundry pile differs from day to day.

There are piles in the closets. In the bathrooms. In the laundry room. On the bedroom floors. On the sofa.

There are dirty piles, and there are clean piles. And the "clean" laundry piles are quickly outnumbering the dirty. Someone should do something about that.

Oh. I guess that someone is me.

At this point, I feel like it will take the better part of a day to wrangle those piles in and out of the machines, and back into closets and drawers. Who has that kind of time? I don't, apparently. That must be why it's reached critical status.

If laundry could laugh, all those evil piles would be snickering at me right now. I just know it.


1 comment:

  1. That's my life, feeling constantly overwhelmed by laundry. I do try to do my kids' laundry separately, I like to fold their piles and think about each kid separately, how big they're getting, what's going on in their lives. The little things take on different meaning when I think about the service I render to my family. I think I have a solid two days laundry in front of me. Hope I have a good attitude about it tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete