ARGH.
Just when I thought I was getting over my Facebook obsession, I go and add another highly addictive social media application to my life. Yes, I am on Twitter.
What the heck am I doing? I feel so hypocritical. I recall saying once, "Who cares if you're in line at the DMV? Do people really care about this stuff???"
Well, I'll admit...it is kinda interesting. Actually, it depends on the person it's coming from and the amount of "tweeting" they do. For example, I don't really care what my random follower in the UK is doing with his days (I don't even know who he is, how he found me, or why he's following me) but I DO care to read that Jimmy Fallon got home from work early and had to choose between playing video games and watching a DVD. Now THAT'S interesting. Heck, I kinda feel like we're pals!
Hmm. I'm kinda sounding like a psycho stalker person. I promise I'm not.
I am certainly not well-equipped for regular tweeting -- I don't even text on my cell phone, for that matter -- but I am at a computer for 8 hours a day, most days. And for some reason, the company firewall doesn't block Twitter. In fact, it's somewhat encouraged. Because the thought is, you post about your job and people are intrigued and follow you, which promotes the station....and so on.
Hopefully I'll get over my little love affair. But right now, it's keeping me entertained at work. So that means it has some merit, right?
At least that's what I'm telling myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment