It's one thing to have a typo. It's another to have one in your own brand name.You'd think if a customer pointed out such an egregious error, the company would be enormously grateful. Or you'd at least think the customer would get more than a canned response. That's exactly what Tylenol left in my inbox this morning.
Thank you for expressing your displeasure with one of our ads for Extra Strength TYLENOL® acetaminophen products.
All of our ads are researched thoroughly for consumer acceptance, but it is difficult to produce advertising that appeals to all tastes. Please accept our apology if you were offended.
We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us.
The Information Center
Apparently it is also difficult to produce advertising that correctly spells a product's brand name.
I wasn't so much offended as I was appalled.
No year's supply of Tylenol products for me, I guess!
Is it Jay Leno who does the funny headlines? You should submit this story to him. It is kind of along the same lines.
ReplyDeleteI am actually surprised that Tylenol responded the way they did. I would have expected more from a major corporation.