Okay, I know I didn't give you much time to guess the answer to the What Is It? post. But I just couldn't wait to tell you.
This, my friends, is a Kale and Banana Smoothie. Yes! You read that correctly! Kale and bananas -- together!
And guess what else?
It's actually quite good!
I know, I know... this looks absolutely horrendous.
But if you use young kale (as in small leaves, I suppose) it's not so bitter, and the banana overwhelms the taste of the veggie.
The other night, I pulled up the Kale and Banana Smoothie recipe, which I've been wanting to make for a while. Then I told Kellan he was getting a "treat", and he watched me whip it up with great anticipation.
Ta da! He liked it! He really, really liked it!
He kept smacking his lips and saying, "Ahhh..." as if it was the most delicious treat ever.
I was delighted to know I'd snuck one of the healthiest veggies in the world right by him. Hee hee!!!
Wow. That's all I've got to say. Although I was reading another article online today and they talked about the Jessica Seinfield book where you put the veggies in the dessert. I know you like it and I'm thinking of getting it as well....thoughts?
ReplyDeleteYou are a very smart mama.
ReplyDeleteWowee...I would have never put that combo together. Not sure if I am that brave, but you never know!
ReplyDeleteYes, Meg! The Jessica Seinfeld book is worth it. It might be even more useful for you than it is for me, cause there's meaty stuff in there that I won't make. In fact, if you want to look mine over the next time you're home, feel free...
ReplyDelete